Saturday, June 27, 2009

Air Conditioners

I grew up in a very old house. The rooms are small and the walls are many inches thick with plaster. Because of this, we never did worry about air-conditioners. It was so well insulated that the coolness from the night just stayed.

 It was only on the few scorching, 100 degree + days that I ever dreamed of having cool air blown directly into the house. (on those days,  I would be sure to pop over to a friends house to take advantage of theirs, along with their cable TV!) 

I moved into a new apartment a little under a month ago and installed my first-ever air conditioner yesterday. It feels like such a treat to come home and instantly cool off on these hot, muggy new york days. (I do wish that the view wasn't quite as obstructed but, hey.  
I sound like a crazy, I agree. But my! An air conditioner of my very own! 

(there is an entire flickr account dedicated to air conditioners. which helped me to legitimize this post. they are a wonderful invention.)

No comments:

Post a Comment