Thursday, April 2, 2009

How to Make an American Quilt




We are an avid story-telling family. On ever holiday or weekend when we all get together, there are always tons of stories being told of all kinds. Stories of the past, meeting certain people, how my aunts met their husbands, siblings stories about each other. Things some people remember, others don't. Tales of objects in the house, how they came to be, why they are where they are. My aunt gets the medal for telling the most absurd stories about where she works and the people she has to deal with on a daily basis.

We here serious stories, love stories, scary stories, folk tales and recounts of the past. Anything and everything you can think of. I wish I had started recording everything starting 15 years ago. 

I watched
"How to Make an American Quilt" last night. It is such a great collections of stories within a story. and reminded me of my family a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment