Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lottie + Doof


I just stumbled upon Lottie + Doof. It is has a plethora of delicious looking recipes. Part of my summer treating-my-body-well is to cook alot! Lots of natural, fresh food. I am so intrigued by these apple jellies. They look so dainty and delicious... and seem surprisingly easy to make! The french onion soup also looks to die for... and please just read this blurb that goes along with the recipe...

I have been reading a lot lately about the trade war over Roquefort cheese—a trade war that was advanced by Bush in retaliation for France’s unwillingness to accept imports of hormone-containing beef from the US (and likely influenced by residual anti-France sentiment in the USA post-September 11th). In January, before leaving office, the Bush government imposed a 300% tariff (raising it from an already steep 100%) on the import of Roquefort, essentially stopping its sale in the US.

He goes on to talk about the global food trade and eating locally, another thing I'm going to try to get better about.

No comments:

Post a Comment