Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Moving Day



Moving day is quickly approaching! There is something nice about a fresh start, new apartment, cleaning out all of your closets, deciding what you don't need or never wear. I am going through my bookshelves, clothes, art supplies and shoes... I tend to save things forever, thinking that i'll want to wear them again in a year or so. 

There is also a sadness that comes with leaving an old place, apartment, house. I've been on the move since last March, living in four different places (A short rental on the upper east side, a house in the middle of a small french town, Julianne's apartment with it's amazing NYC location, my beautiful old house in Connecticut...) But I am greatly looking forward to having a home-base. While i love exploring and traveling around, seeing new things and meeting new people, it is nice to have a space to come back to that is yours. Oof! less than a week! Now if only an amazing, well-paying, art-related job could fall into my hands... perfection!
(found on flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment