Friday, March 27, 2009

Louise Bourgeois








When I was in Washington D.C. last week, we went to the Hirshorn Museum to see the Louise Bourgeois show. It was amazing! It was really neat to see so much of her work in one space! The cells were amazing (unfortunately no photos, as the guards were catching onto my photo-taking. eek.) I want to start stacking wood and painting them brilliant colors. Her use of found objects is stunning. She gives everything she touches its own distinct personality.

Her work is extremely powerful. The Art21 video that was playing at one spot in the show was perfect, as you were able to hear her thoughts about the work she makes. I think hearing an artist speak, their thoughts in work and life. I love watching their movements and see how they physically handle the work . She is such a vivacious, strong woman. I was so happy to see the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment