Saturday, March 28, 2009

Scrabble and Sunny Days at Home





I can't wait for weekends at home in Connecticut this summer. I will never wear shoes, catch lightning bugs at night, pick flowers and put them in vases all around the house. open all the windows, lay in the sun. sit in adirondack chairs, read and have breakfast out of doors. sleep in. walk in the field, through the stream in the woods and do cartwheels. paint in the studio until all hours of the night. drive to the beach and play volleyball, walk on the jetty and lay on the rocks.

2 comments:

  1. ahh that sound AMAZING! can i trail around with you the entire time?

    when you mentioned eating breakfast outside, it made me think of how i would pour a bowl of cereal and then curl up on one of the chairs on our back porch, squinting my eyes against the sun, and squirming in the loveliness of the heat... sigh and now i cant even relate with being hot and wearing just a tshirt and shorts because this winter feels like its been going on FOREVER.

    i want summer... NOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of doing these things, I think of being very young and having all the time in the world.

    This is really beautiful. When I become rich, I will never, ever, ever, ever spend the winter months where it's cold.

    ReplyDelete