Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Man with the Dancing Eyes

I pre-ordered this little book the minute I was able to. I paid almost 18 dollars for amazon to ship it to me from England (since it was out 4 months before the U.S.) It is such a beautiful story, written by the breathtaking Sophie Dahl, grand-daughter of Roald. Annie Morris (equally as breathtaking) is a British artist who illustrated the story. It is filled with beautiful verses, simple figures and forms, and lovely description. I read it whenever I am feeling a bit blue. It always seems to do the trick.

Here is a photo booth photo of Dahl and Morris. What Legends! (I also love this photo because I have yet to have my picture taken in a real-live black and white photo booth. I keep thinking of the perfect poses, but need to find one in new york. I hear rumors that Bubby's Pie Company in Tribeca has one... hopefully I'll get down there soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment